Thursday 8 February 2018

Meal Planners and Bullet Journal-ing

   I discovered bullet journals through Pinterest.  I was immediately drawn to the pretty pages that I was scrolling through, and loved the idea of habit trackers to try and improve myself and basically attemp to be better at this ‘adulting’ game.  I was going to get my shit together!!  I started super keenly but my enthusiasm did waiver 6-8 weeks in.  My laziness got the better of me and I went days without opening the book let alone filling each piece in.... still, it was there as a tool and more recently I’m back on it again (if not with slightly less ruler use and pretty colours) - should probably mention I use the description ‘pretty’pretty loosely, I’m not the most creative soul in the pen on paper sense and some of my most laborious work still looks like my 2 year old completed for me!!


   This was week 3, still going strong.  Positives so far from this style of journaling were my increased water consumption (water drops at the bottom of each daily box) and improving some tidying habits. On a bit of a tangent I also created a page for ‘a year of cleaning’ which provides a column for each week, and a basic breakdown of tasks - dust living room, hall floor windows etc etc.  By colouring pixels that I can catch up on whenever I can see just how long some jobs have gone and prompt myself to colour a couple more each day.


   Fast forward to my some what diminished most recent weekly spread.  Very much utilising the meal planner but not a lot else.  I do plan to include a habit tracker again when I can put more time to it!



   These pages were complete copies but my two most useful to date!  I am continuing to update my fitness tracker to follow my weight loss journey.


      Two of my favourite pages, just a cute idea I liked and also copied.  Now that we now have Netflix in the house I may need to add a template to keep track of the multiple series’ and episodes we are in the middle of.

    MEAL PLANNING

   Way before my bullet journal attempts meal planners have featured sporadically in the form of scribbled notes to a white board on the fridge.  I have a bit of an over shopping (food) disorder made easy by our sizeable pantry.  That said, we waste very very little.  Hardly a thing gets binned, and veg scraps etc get composted or fed to the chickens.  
   Meal planning for the week ahead not only allows for a little organisation rather than ‘shit what are we going to have for tea’ at 7.45pm, but also saves a lot of unnecessary spending.  When I sit down to plan my week I tend to scribble a list of fresh food, open jars etc that need using, meat etc available in the freezer and any older bits of the shelf that could do with shifting.  If I’m feeling inspirational I will pick a couple of cook books from the shelf to flick through and choose some new recipes, otherwise just select from the repertoire of old faithfuls that we continue to go back to.




No comments:

Post a Comment